4D/3N Backpacking Bali : Bayu Guest House @ Ubud, Bali (Part 1)


        During my wonderful trip to Ubud, Bali in July 2013, I stayed at the lovely Bayu Guest House at Monkey Forest Street for two nights. Located strategically in the heart of Ubud, it is surrounded by numerous cafes, restaurants and spas at your convenience. If you know me or have read my profile, I have a penchant for visiting or staying at accommodations/ places which are unique; may it be décor, concept or environment which are usually affordably priced and is value for money - right down to the very last penny.

        And, I proudly say that staying at Bayu Guest House in Ubud, Bali is one of the highlights of my holiday. It is a hidden oasis that I am really happy to have discovered. I made a decision to stay there after doing some research of my own and reading the good reviews it received from fellow travellers in Trip Advisor as well as from reliable booking sites such as HostelBookers.com. It is ranked as #No.1 if not one of the Top 5 Ubud B&Bs and Inns listed in Trip Advisor and it has strong reasons for being so. I will tell you more about it and why I love Bayu Guest House in my next write-up. 

        Now, let’s get to know more about Bayu Guest House. This amazing Balinese guest house belongs to and is run by Pak Komang with the help of his wife ibu Kadek and their two sons, Rama and Bayu. Initially, it was their private home but they decided to turn it into a guest house after receiving many requests by travellers who wish to stay with them in their beautiful Balinese house. With that, three individually unique rooms namely Bayu, Rama and Sita were refurbished and rented out to interested travellers who wish to be close to nature yet enjoy the pleasures of modern life.

        Pak Komang, ibu Kadek and family are really friendly, helpful and will go all out to help you and make your stay a pleasant and memorable one. Their warm hospitality and good service touched my heart. Their English proficiency is good, making communication a breeze. Besides offering a lovely place to stay with good facilities, the complimentary breakfast was superb too - a different menu for each day served with coffee/tea and freshly cut local fruits.

        Below are some photos of the view from my room and Bayu Guest House's surroundings. More photos and information will be shared in the next few write-ups so do follow my blog closely.











        Even though the paddy field was bare when I first arrived (as seen in the first/featured photo above) and slightly bare-looking the day after (as seen in the last photo), I managed and was happy to watch the farmers plant the paddy seedlings and took beautiful photos like the one above. Stay tune for the next write-up where I will be sharing more photos of the amazing property and the lovely room which I love so much. Happy travel!


Bayu Guest House
Monkey Forest Street | Lane Mandia Bungalow
No.3, Ubud, Gianyar - Bali 80571, Indonesia
Telephone: +62 8123 888 599 / +62 8563 888 196
Email: info@bayuguesthouse.com

Labels: ,